Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mommy Money Saving Tip: Double Check That Fabric



This is one of many lessons that my mom taught me growing up.  Check what fabric your clothing is made out of and if that fabric needs to be dry cleaned.

Dry cleaning costs can add up very quickly, so I don't think I'm alone when I say that dry cleaning is just not budget friendly.  I understand that some things just have to be taken to the cleaners.....like the suits you wear in the office.  However, you can save a lot of money if you avoid buying dry clean only clothing when possible.

I remember going shopping with my mom, and every time I would pick something out, she would ask, "Is that dry clean only?"  Of course being the rambunctious teenager I was, I would roll my eyes and say, "It doesn't matter as long as I like it."  That was pre-having to pay my own way....so of course, it didn't matter then (even if it should have mattered).  Fast forward to now, I do have to pay my own way.....so dry clean only matters!

So ladies (or gents) when you're out shopping, put back that silk top and opt for something with a more resilient fabric that can be machine washed or hand washed.  I promise your wallet will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment