Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mommy Money Saving Tip: Bass Pro Shops Free Santa Photo

I am one of those very annoying customers who will come into a store and get the free stuff without purchasing anything else.  I love a bargain, and I don't like to spend money on things that I can find free elsewhere.  Photos with Santa happen to be one of those things I can't bring myself to pay for.  That's why we decided to do the free photo at Bass Pro Shops.

Bass Pro Shops around the nation have free photos with Santa each year during the holiday season.  The photo session is reason enough for me to make a visit to the store, but they also have all kinds of neat activities for the little ones ranging from crafts to shooting targets.  Liam was a little too young for the activities, but we weren't going to give up getting a professional looking photo with the big guy himself.

After the last meltdown with Santa, I was a little nervous about how this was going to end up.....but it was perfect!  Liam loved this Santa, and we scored a great 4 x 6 photograph to put into our memory books.  We also got a few personal photos with our own digital camera.

Let me warn you though....this free stuff sometimes comes with a price.  Bass Pro Shops can get quite crowded during this holiday season, so you should plan accordingly.  We decided that going first thing on Sunday morning was best since many people would be attending church.  It worked for us, because we probably only waited for 20-30 minutes.  According to one of the employees at Bass Pro Shops, the best time to come is the morning during the week.....just a tip for those planning on making a trip there before Christmas has passed.

I'm not able to post the actual professional photograph due to intellectual copyright requirements, but I have some personal pics from our own camera.  The professional photo really was better in quality and pose (Liam was actually looking at the camera), but these will have to do for this post.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment